How To: Embed a WordPress blog in your website
(This should also work for other types of blogs, not only WordPress)
I wanted to embed a WordPress blog in my personal website and be able to provide this as a feature for clients. I researched various techniques, but was not satified with any of them. Primarily because most of them resulted in the embeded blog looking like an entirly separate website within a scrollable window (and it required a lot of scrolling). Here were my requirements:
- Should contain the most recent 4 or 5 articles of my blog
- Should only show the first 100 to 500 characters of each blog entry
- Should have links to the actual blog for those who would like to see the whole thing (and navigating
to the actual blog should open a new window leaving the main web page in the background)
- Should look integrated into the web page
- Should be scrollable up and down (would prefer that you don't have to scroll left and right)
Solutions that I didn't like...
Come see the end result! www.TedTyree.com (the blog is on the right - if you click a link, you should be able to bring up the actual blog itself)
MORE TO COME
In the near future I intend to post the entire solution with scripts and all. If you are interested in this solution before that time, please send us an email!
|Site map :: Contact us :: Email info@TheWebsiteParkingLot.com|