How To - Add a Page to a Website
This page gives a brief description of how to add a new page to a website using the Content Managment System (CMS) provided by TheWebsiteParkingLot.com. There are multiple ways to add a page, but this outlines one of the simplest methods.
The general steps are as follows:
- Login to the system using an administrator account
- Create a link (or menu option) to access the page (even though it does not exist yet)
- Follow the link to the page - produces a 'page not found' message.
- Click the 'Create Page' link at the top of the window
- Enter the tab name, page title, and page content.
- Click Save/Close
To copy a page, you would follow these same steps to create the new page. Then...
- find the page content that you want to copy,
- open the page in the editor,
- switch to the HTML source by clicking the 'source' button in the top left corner of the editor,
- copy the entire page source
- navigate to the new page and open it in the editor
- switch to 'source'
- paste the source
- click save/close